About the Opportunity
A webinar on Constitutional Governance is being organized by PCGT (Public Concern for Governance Trust), GLC Legal Aid Committee, NSS Unit and The Economics Department of the V.G. Vaze College, on November 26, 2020.
About the Organizers
- Public Concern for Governance Trust: Public Concern for Governance Trust (PCGT) is a registered trust founded by Mr. Julio Ribeiro, Dr. R.K. Anand and late Mr. B.G. Deshmukh to increase public participation and activism towards creating a more transparent and efficient governance system.
- GLC Legal Aid Committee: The Legal Aid Committee, as the name suggests, strives to provide free legal assistance to those who cannot afford it. The Legal Aid Committee has varied and diverse activities to be undertaken which range from providing pro bono legal opinion to needy people, spreading awareness in Mumbai on various current socio-legal issues, teaching juvenile delinquents and writing bail applications for the prison inmates.Committee is comprised of four avenues:
- Legal Aid Cell
- Legal Awareness Cell
- Juvenile Home Visits
- Jail Visits
- GLC NSS Unit: National Service Scheme (NSS) was introduced in 1969 with the primary objective of developing the personality and character of the student youth through voluntary community service.The GLC NSS unit was started 11 years ago. The GLC NSS Volunteers always make sure to contribute and help in the development of society through various activities starting from visiting local areas of Mumbai and acknowledging the people on various issues or even arranging blood donation camp, sessions on awakening topics, the beach clean-up activities to setting up camp and helping the villagers to get a better standard of living.
- KET’s V. G. Vaze College of Arts, Science, and Commerce: The Late Shri Annasaheb Vaze and his sons established the Kelkar Education Trust in 1979. This charitable Trust aims to reach out to all, irrespective of their standing in society, without any discrimination. The V. G. Vaze College is a multi-faculty institution established in 1984 by the trust.
Date and Time
- Date: November 26, 2020
- Time: 7 PM Onwards
Hon’ble Mr. Justice Madan B. Lokur (Former Judge, Supreme Court of India): Hon’ble Mr. Justice Madan B. Lokur graduated in history from St. Stephen’s College, University of Delhi and obtained his law degree from Faculty of Law, University of Delhi.
- Rajvi Gandhi: +91 9769926996
- Manas Patil: +91 9967127887