University Institute of Legal Studies is organizing a one-day National Online Seminar on “Elimination of Violence Against Women: Issues and Solutions” for students to sensitize young minds about the need for the elimination of violence against women, to deliberate on issues related to it, and find solutions that women are not subjected to abuse and violence in any form.
About PUnjab University
One of the oldest Universities in India, the Punjab University (PU) initiated at Lahore in 1882, has a long tradition of pursuing excellence in teaching and research in science and technology, humanities, social sciences, performing arts and sports.
University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS) was established as the constituent department of Panjab University, in the academic session 2004-05. During a short period, it has emerged as one of the premier legal Institutes with a unique blend of tradition and modernity.
Call for Papers
Research Papers are invited from students of undergraduate, postgraduate courses and research scholars on the issues related to the main theme and the sub-themes mentioned below:
- Perspectives of Violence against Women (Historical, Sociological, Political, Economic, Legal, etc.)
- Violence Against Women and Human Rights Issue and Challenges
- Sexual Violence and Harassment, Women Trafficking, Forced Prostitution
- Familial Violence (Domestic Violence, Cruelty and Harassment Related to Dowry, Dowry Death)
- Harassment and Violence at the Workplace
- Wars/Conflicts: Women Target of Violence
- Intimate partner violence (battery, psychological abuse, rape, marital rape)
- Global Scenario of Violence Against Women and International Efforts to Eliminate Violence Against Women
- Female feticide, infanticide, Acid Attacks and Cyber Crimes
- Prevention/Elimination of Violence against Women and Law
- Any other related topic or issue
Authors of the selected papers will be given an opportunity to present their papers during the seminar scheduled on 13th December 2020.
Authors are requested to adhere to the following guidelines to facilitate the:
- Name of the Author
- Designation and Institutional Affiliation
- Contact Address and Email ID
- Title of the Research Paper
Full-Length Paper Submission:
- The paper should be original, clear & relevant to the theme of the seminar.
- Font: Times New Roman, 12 points, 1.5 spacing
- Footnote: Times New Roman, 10 points, 1.0 spacing
- Alignment: Justified
- Sheet: A4 Size with 1″ Margin on all sides
- Citation: ILI pattern of footnoting (APA in case of Social Sciences)
- Length Max: 2000 words (Exclusive of footnotes)
Authors are requested to send their full papers to eliminationviolenceaginstwomen[at]gmail.com by 5th December 2020.
- Abstract Submission: 30th November 2020
- Registration through Google form: 25th November to 5th December 2020
- Full Paper Submission: 8th December. 2020
- Seminar Date: 13th December 2020
- E-Certificates shall be provided to the candidates who presented paper in their mentioned emails.
- No registration fee for paper presentation.
- No paper shall be deemed to be read.
- Co-authorship is not allowed.
- There are two prizes: 1st of Rs. 1000/-, 2nd of Rs. 500/-.
- The meeting link will be conveyed later to the participants.
- The link to the meeting shall be provided to the registered candidates.
The registration link is here: https://forms.gle/uQ1qLrrd7Fvuy5hz9
- Sachin (9466966692)
- Harpreet Kaur (6239766992)
- Monalisa (9418297629)