About the Opportunity
EY (Ernst & Young) India, is looking to hire for the job post of Legal Counsel for Client Contracts/Privacy Assessment, for its office in Gurgaon.
Ernst & Young Global Limited (Ernst & Young or simply EY), is a British multinational professional services network with headquarters in London, United Kingdom. EY is one of the largest professional services networks in the world.
EY provides consulting, assurance, tax, and transaction services. It was founded in the year 1989.
Role and Responsibilities
The role will support the Advisory business on risk management and service quality matters. The role will be to provide legal support to the business and become a trusted adviser of stakeholders. The Legal Counsel will be expected to assess and understand how firm risks can be best managed and mitigated.
- Acting as a first point of contact for EY’s Advisory business in Quality matters and support the Quality team based in London in its advice to EY’s partners and people on risk management issues
- Having a thorough understanding and appreciation of general key business risks that need to be managed (training will be facilitated in respect of EY’s specific risk management framework).
- Reviewing engagement agreements (including statements of work and terms & conditions), NDAs, MSAs, framework agreements, proposals, subcontracts, and other ancillary documentation, providing risk management advice in relation to each
- Assisting with creating, facilitating and delivering training to the Advisory business
- Liaising with internal specialist functions including Independence, General Counsel’s Office and Risk Management
Who is it for
- Education: Law graduate,
- Experience: Considerable experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts or other complex contracts with an appreciation of general legal and risk management issues
- Previous risk management at a professional services firm
- Experience in senior management and stakeholder management
- Interest in the area of risk management or compliance
- Knowledge of GDPR or other data protection and security considerations
- Confidence in delivering subject matter content to peers and seniors (to facilitate training either in person or via Skype)
EY is looking for someone with the following attributes:
- A pragmatic problem solver
- A drive to continuously build and master key technical, functional, and professional skills
- Self-starter and motivated
- Ability to effectively manage a demanding workload with tight deadlines in a fast-paced, challenging, and demanding environment