About World Justice Network Society (WJNS)
World Justice Network Society (WJNS) is a community driven social project with a goal to disrupt the inefficiencies in the justice delivery system across the world.
About The Internship Opportunity At World Justice Network Society (WJNS)
In order to propel their various programs for Republic of India, World Justice Network Society (WJNS) is inviting applications from law students/interns from various states and territories of India to apply for internship opportunities.
Role And Responsibilities
- Collect data and public records via Right to Information ( RTI ) or Access to Information ( ATI ) acts of various jurisdictions such as:
- National/Federal, Provincial/State, District, City level government bodies (Ministries, departments, commissions.
- Government funded bodies such as Commissions, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs etc.).
- Draft RTI Application.
- Submit to appropriate via Registered AD.
- Follow up on responses at appropriate times
- Receive responses, and
- Analyze the response for fit to purpose, reasonableness, completeness, deviations etc.
- Scan and upload responses into our system.
- Escalate to the Higher Authorities (appeals) in case of lapses in RTI process.
- Draft public communication press releases in case of lapses.
- Analyze responses, make use of the responses and devise further strategies in conjunction with the team.
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Very good analytical, writing and organizational skills
- Ability to perform in a cross-functional team approach and job responsibilities
- Ability to work in an international environment
- Ability to think out of the box and propose creative solutions
- Advanced formatting skills in MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint, Publisher
- Working knowledge of Google Suite is an asset