MHRD IPR Chair, NUJS in association with The IP Think Tank is organizing an International Webinar on “Trade Secret as a Momentous Asset” on 12th December 2020 at 2:30 PM (IST).
About the Event
Trade secrets are a very important part of any IP portfolio. It is no exaggeration to say that virtually every business possesses trade secrets, regardless of whether the business is small-medium, or large.
Trade secrets are important, but oftentimes an invisible component of a company’s IP portfolio of assets. However, trade secrets can also be the crown jewels within the portfolio.
The laws governing trade secrets have been enhanced in many key jurisdictions in recent times. The number of trade secret disputes is increasing. There is growing interest in intangible assets including trade secrets by the tax authorities. Collaborative or open forms of innovation by their very nature involve the sharing of IP, and in many instances, this IP is in the form of valuable business confidential information (i.e. trade secrets).
- Opening Remarks: Dr. Jayanta Ghosh: Research Fellow, Centre for Regulatory Studies, Governance and Public Policy, WBNUJS
- Topic: Trade Secrets & Trade Secret Asset Management: Mr. Donal O’Connell: Adjunct Professor at Imperial College, London
- Topic: Protection of Trade Secrets in India: Mr. Adarsh Ramanujan: Independent Council, Supreme Court of India
- Topic: Trade Secret as Capital Asset: Mr. Subhadip Sarkar: Assistant Vice President, in Cognizant Technology Solutions
- Topic: Trade Secret in FinTech Industry: Mr. Dinesh Jotwani: Co-managing Partner, at Jotwani Associates
- Concluding Remarks: Dr. Pinaki Ghosh: MHRD, IPR Chair Professor, WBNUJS
The Seminar is open to all.
In order to attend the event, attendees need to mandatorily register through the link provided on the website here: https://www.ipthink-tank.com/internationalwebinarontradesecret
Note: The event is a free event and seats for the same are limited, so we shall provide registration on a first come first serve basis.
Note: Certificates will be provided.
In case of a query, please click on “Get in Touch” on the menu, here: https://www.ipthink-tank.com/
They will get back to you within 24 hours.