About the Opportunity
P&G (Procter & Gamble), one of the largest FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) company in the world, is looking to hire for the post of Senior Counsel (Legal), for its Mumbai office.
The Procter & Gamble Company is an American multinational consumer goods corporation headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, founded in 1837 by William Procter and James Gamble. It got incorporated on May 5, 1905, and is focused on providing branded consumer packaged goods to consumers around the world. The Company operates through five segments: Beauty, Grooming, Health Care, Fabric & Home Care, and Baby, Feminine & Family Care.
Procter & Gamble is one of the largest FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) company in the world with strong brands like Pampers, Ariel, Always, Gillette and Oral B just to name a few.
- Providing guidance on industry specific laws, ethical promotions and ensuring all compliances are met
- Drafting, Vetting, Negotiating, and executing all commercial contracts and agreements across the commercial business and business development
- Management of Litigations
- Supporting global Patent and Trademark Departments on local Intellectual Property related matters
- Supporting business development initiatives including that of negotiation and execution of documents
- Providing legal support for clinical trials and new product development
- Collaborating with the Compliance Officer for the development and implementation of and compliance with processes, policies and training, including those related to the FCPA
- Supporting all legal initiatives related to brand protection
- Working closely with the internal Government Relations Department on Government relations matters
- Partnering with other functions such as Medical, Regulatory, HR, Sales, Marketing, Distribution & R&D on specific legal issues
- Legal service providers/ external counsel management
Qualifications and Experience
- General understanding of Intellectual Property matters and issues
- A Degree in Law from a reputed university in India and/or abroad
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience with a reputable Law Firm or in the legal department of a large multinational corporation in the pharma/FMCG industry.
- Experience and proficiency in general commercial and litigation management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to quickly learn the nuances of the multi-faceted business
- Business Partnering – Ability to build a strong network both internally and externally for effective business partnering
- Good judgment & Integrity
- Self-starter with a strong drive for results and a strong sense of ownership
- Strong leadership skills and ability to drive projects forward to the conclusion
- Aptitude to enthusiastically engage with colleagues and business partners to maintain appropriate ethical, legal, and compliance standards
- Ability to influence other partners, without having a direct reporting line
- Willingness to make decisions and, where necessary, challenge business partners
- Strong communication skills including to build and keep privileged communications
- The ability to effectively and efficiently handle external counsel in the provision of legal services