The National Law Institute University, Bhopal is pleased to announce the “6th International Conference on Law and Economics, 2020” during 26th – 28th December, 2020, in collaboration with the Indian Association of Law and Economics (IALE). Eastern Book Company is the publishing Partner.
About The National Law Institute University
The National Law Institute University (NLIU) was started in 1998 under NLIU Act No. 41 of 1997 of the Madhya Pradesh Legislature. The law university is recognised by the Bar Council of India and, is a part of Consortium of National Law Universities (NLUs) in India, Association of Indian Universities (AIU), Asian Law Institutes (AIL) and, International Association of Law Schools (IALS). Besides, NLIU Bhopal also has a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with five foreign universities.
NLIU Bhopal was first started with a five-year integrated LLB course – BA LLB (Hons.), and now it offers three more courses in law at the postgraduate level.
About The International Conference On Law And Economics
In 2015, together with the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmadabad, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur and the Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar hosted and organized the first edition of the International Conference on Law & Economics, bringing together scholars in the field across India and a number of other countries for deliberation on various contemporary legal issues and research to address these issues.
Each year, International Law and Economics Conference brings together various stakeholders of the subjects including academia and practitioners together at a platform in their quest to the interdisciplinary subject of Law and Economics. The conference members of the Indian Association of Law and Economics (IALE) and senior officials from the government bodies, judges, corporate professionals and legal practitioners, members from the academia, research scholars, UG and PG students belonging to various disciplines, representatives from civil society meet to indigenized knowledge base of this interdisciplinary subject. As in previous years, the International Law and Economics Conference was organized by the IIMs and IITs along with NLUs under the aegis of the Consortium of Law and Economics, and the Indian Association of Law and Economics (IALE).
Call For Paper
The Sixth International Conference on Law and Economics, jointly organized by The National Law Institute University, Bhopal & Indian Association of Law and Economics will be held on December 26 – 28, 2020, virtually.
The ICLE 2020 invites contributions in all areas of Law and Economics in the form of:
(a)full length scholarly papers documenting original and substantial research work
(b) Abstract in detail length for initial selection of paper;
(c) The original conceptual ideas of exceptional academic quality in form of Essay.
The area of interest may broadly sketch out as follows:
- Law and Economics of Private and Public Laws– Property, Contract, Tort Law and Product Liability, Forensic Economics, Criminal Law, Civil Law, Common Law, Constitutional and Election Law;
- Regulation and Business Law – Antitrust, Business and Securities, Regulated Industries, Business and Cyber, Real Estate;
- Economics of Legal Procedure- the Legal System Litigation Process, Illegal Behavior and Law Enforcement;
- Consumer Contracts–The standard form of contracts by the industrial empires forces consumers to take-it or leave-it in the sectors such as e-commerce, Housing, Insurance, Medical Services, and the Market for Human Organs;
- Law and Finance–Financial reforms in India relating to issues such as Financial inclusion, the supremacy of the Reserve Bank of India regarding monetary policy, Cyber Crimes, Stock Regulating Exchanges and Trading thereon including High Frequency Trading, Sovereign Bankruptcy, Tax Evasion, Black Money, Basel and Financial Stability Board norms, WTO and the Financial Services;
- Economic analysis of Contracts, Torts, Competition and Corporate Law;
- New Ventures and Innovator-Investor interactions;
- Behavioral Law and Economics;
- Costs of Technology and Data pollution;
- Economics and the Constitution;
- Property Rights and Patents;
- Other Substantive Areas of Law and Economics Labor, Energy, Environmental, Health, and Safety, International, Tax, Bankruptcy, Family and Personal, Immigration, Human Rights, Gender.
Apart from broadly known areas of law and economics the organizing committee is encouraging call for papers on subject of
(a) Application of game theory in law and economics
(b) The ontological nature of legal and economic thinking
(c) Complete essay of exceptional quality on subjects of publication value in Law and Economics.
(d) Economic analysis of law for lawyers and judges.
(e) Efficiency instead of justice.
(f) Indian perspective of law and economics
(g) Innovation. Poverty and Law
(h) Privacy/Big Data/Cyber/Artificial Intelligence and Law & Economics
- Last date to submit their Abstracts of research papers: On or before 15th December, 2020.
- Full papers shall be submitted : Latest by 22nd December, 2020.
- Notifications of acceptance: 16th December, 2020
- Authors’ registration deadline by: 24th December, 2020
- Final registration deadline for participants who do not present a paper: at your earliest convenience, possibly no later than 25th December, 2020.
- Conference Dates: 26th , 27th , 28th December 2020
Amit Pratap Singh
Assistant Professor in Business Law
National Law Institute University
Kerwa Dam Road, Bhopal-462044 (Madhya Pradesh)