About the Opportunity
Collector Office Patan invites application for the position of Legal Officer,of not more than 33 years of age.
About Collector Office, Patan
The state government appoints a Collector under section 8 of the Bombay Land Revenue Code, 1879. The Divisional Commissioner had been looking after the implementation and supervision of the land revenue code during ex-Bombay state. From 15th August, 1950 the post of divisional Commissioner was abolished and the powers of land revenue code and other acts were delegated to the collector by the government and with that the Collector was made responsible for the implementation of provisions of various Acts in the district.
Day by day the work load of the collector has increased as he is an important link between the government and people. He, being a representative of state government at district level has to discharge most important duties and also has to play the role of Chief Co-coordinator of the District. The administration today has become more citizen centric and speedy. In order to meet the expectations of citizens from the district administration, efforts should be made to make administration much smoother, efficient, transparent and citizen friendly with the maximum use of Information and Communication Technology.
Number of Post(s)
The candidate must have:
- Educational Qualification: A degree in law (Special) or law with five years’ course after Higher Secondary Certificate (H.S.C.) of any of the Universities incorporated by or under the Central or State Act in India or any other educational institution recognized by the Government or deemed to be a University under section 3 of the University Grant Commission Act, 1956 ; and the basic knowledge of computer application as prescribed in Gujarat Civil Services Classification and Recruitment (General) Rules, 1967. adequate knowledge of Gujarati and/or Hindi.
- Have about five years experience as a practicing Advocate or Attorney or Government Pleader in the Subordinate Court of High Court ; OR
- Have about five years experience as a practicing Advocate or Attorney or Government Pleader in the High Court; OR
- Have about five years experience of legal matters in local bodies or Government undertaking Board/Corporation or Limited Company established by law.
Provided that such period of practice in concerned Court as an Advocate shall be certified by the Registrar General of High Court in case of candidate practicing in the High Court or by the Principal Judicial Officer in case of candidate practicing in the Court Subordinate to the High Court or Principal District Judge of the concerned district or Principal Judge of the City Civil Court where a candidate is practicing
- The candidate shall have sufficient knowledge of Gujarati so as to enable him to speak, read and write in Gujarati and to translate with ease from Gujarati into English and vice-versa. Such knowledge shall be certified in case of an Advocate practicing in the High Court by the Registrar General and in case of an Advocate in Courts Subordinate to the High Court by the Principal Judicial Officer in case of Courts in the city of Ahmedabad or by the Principal District Judge of the district concerned as the case may be, in case of a candidate working in local bodies Board/ or Government undertaking Corporation or Limited Company established by law in India, by the Head of the Office under whom such candidate is working.
Not be more than 33 years of age
How to Apply
Interested can apply through the official website.