About the Opportunity
The Committee for Managing Gender Issues, ICC of IIM Ahmedabad is looking to hire for the job post Research Assistant at the institute.
About CMGI, IIM-A
The Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (“IIMA”) has set up an Internal Committee known as the Committee for Managing Gender Issues (“CMGI”) in accordance with the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act and Rules, 2013 and regulations applicable to higher educational and technical institutions. The objective of CMGI goes beyond what is mandated by the Act and rules: CMGI is not only confined to dealing with complaints of Sexual Harassment towards women but also towards members of other genders and to work for creating awareness, sensitization, counseling, and educating about gender issues.
- Help with bi-monthly newsletters
- Act as a coordinator with student team
- Organize and execute all awareness drives
- Research related to sexual harassment and gender bias/discrimination
- Organize informational seminars/ talks
- Organize safe spaces for conversations for women, facilitate more interactions amongst women
Duties include conducting surveys, interpreting results etc. Candidate should have high standards of work ethic and integrity. Past involvement in related roles would be appreciated.
- Master’s degree preferably in social work, gender studies, women-centered practices, psychology or related fields.
- The candidate should have a good oral and written communication skills and should be able to work
with minimal guidance.
- Experience with conducting and analysing surveys will be preferred.
Commensurate with experience.
Application and Deadline
Interested candidates may please send in their application with CV and other relevant documents latest by December 15, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org