Changes are often difficult but always done to bolster the society, it’s important to stop for a while and anatomize. Lawtsapp.com is an extensive portal registered with Government of India, MSME endeavours to provide detailed and credible writing/news in the socio-legal realm and trying to create a space for first-generation law students.
ABOUT THE EVENT:
This Law Debate is being organized with a purpose to spread the maximum legal awareness among the society. This competition will surely enhance the research and communication skills. There shall be individual speakers, one for the motion and another against it.
TOPIC: Is Freedom of Speech a Necessity in a Functional Society. Justify the statement!
ELIGIBILITY: The competition is open for all.
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR DEBATE:
- The speaker shall either speak in Hindi or English, which ever language suits the person.
- The speakers shall either speak for the motion or against the motion. No speaker would be permitted to speak from both the sides of the motion.
- Each speaker shall be allotted 3 minutes to present their arguments. However, the opener of the house shall be given 4 minutes at the commencement of the debate.
- Mere reading of the argument out of the paper would lead to deduction of marks.
- Use of unparliamentary language and gestures would result in disqualification of the participant.
- Participants speaking beyond the given time (3 minutes) would be subjected to deduction of points.
- The decision of the judges will be final and unchallengeable.
- All debaters should be visible on camera at all times during the competition.
- The opposition must mute their microphones to minimise noise interruption and unmute when the other person speaks.
- Last date of registration: 17th December, 2020
- Date of Debate Competition: 19th December, 2020 and 20th December,2020.
- For queries DM on our Instagram handle or email us at email@example.com.
- Best Speaker
- Cash prize
- Free Law Books
- Free Publication.