About the Opportunity
School of Law, Bennett University is conducting its Third National Moot Court Competition from February 05 – 07, 2021.
About the Institute
Bennett University has been established by the ‘Times Group’, India’s largest media conglomerate, and offers unique inter-disciplinary and contemporary courses through its Schools of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Management, Law and Media & Liberal Arts. In addition, the University has also established the Centres for Innovation & Entrepreneurship and External Relation & Executive Education. Bennett University established the School of Law with a vision to strive for excellence in teaching, research, and advocacy towards Justice for all by shaping thought leaders in public policy of National and International dimensions.
About the Moot
Law and Technology have often shared a unique relationship. Not only does law seeks to govern various operational aspects in the usage of technology, but it has also used technology for the purposes of its implementation. Technological advancements have often posed various challenges to the law which the latter is frequently struggling with. One such prominent and important area in which this struggle has manifested itself is the emergence and popularity of OTT Platforms. OTT platforms have spread their wings to encompass all genres of entertainment, that provide various interesting and appealing entertainment for all generations. In 2020, the worldwide COVID Pandemic resulted in an exponential increase in the subscription and demand for OTT Platforms. They proved to be the most popular and best mode of entertainment for everyone during the pandemic period. OTT platforms provided a space for the producers, artists, storytellers to showcase their talent, however, regulations on the content shown on OTT platforms is a major concern that gives rise to major legal questions.
The School of Law, Bennett University is conducting its third National Moot Court Competition from February 5 to 7, 2021 which revolves around this theme of law and technology focusing on the Regulatory Concerns Regarding OTT Platforms. The Moot Court Competition aims to dwell upon this relationship between Law and Technology and its implication on the legal system.
Who is it for?
Only regular students enrolled in a five-year integrated undergraduate law program or three-year graduate law program are eligible to register for the competition.
Team Size and Other Information
Each team shall consist of two speakers and one researcher. Teams are to notify which members are the respective speakers and researchers. No change of speaker to researcher or vice-versa shall be permitted except upon application to the Organizing Committee.
Online via Microsoft Teams
Teams shall register for the competition on or before 23:59 Hours 30th December 2020 by sending an email with the subject ‘Registration for Bennett National Moot Court Competition 2021’ to firstname.lastname@example.org after completing the online registration form.
The registration fee for the competition is Rs. 4,000/- (Rupees Four Thousand Only) per team. The registration fee must be paid through NEFT payment mode and the scanned copy of the transaction receipt of the same must be sent in the registration email (bnmcc[at]bennett.edu.in).
The following are the details of the bank account for payment of the registration fee:
- Name of the Bank and Brank – HDFC Bank, Sector Omega 1/P2
- Account Name – Bennett University
- Account Number – 50200022532364
- IFSC Code – HDFC0002845
- Last Date to Register: December 30th, 2020
- Last Date to Seek Clarifications: December 30th, 2020
- Release of the Clarifications: January 5th, 2021
- Last Date for Online Submission of Memorials: January 24th, 2021
- Inauguration Ceremony: February 5th, 2021
- Researcher’s Test: February 5th, 2021
- Preliminary & Quarter-Final Rounds: February 6th, 2021
- Semi-finals and Finals: February 7th, 2021
- Valedictory Ceremony and Prize Distribution: February 7th, 2021
- Official email id: bnmcc[at]bennett.edu.in
- Student Convenor: Sanjana Sahay: +91-7093185237
- Chinmai Kapri: +919536278165
- Aryamann Oberoi: +919536278165
- Gaurang Mandavkar: +918286184366
- Swadheena Joardar: +919810048102
- Anubhav Lamba: +919672020110
- Riya Kharab: +919821971002