Black Robes Legal is inviting applications for online internship, open from January 01, 2021, for the financial year 2021-22.
About the Organization
M/s. Black Robes Legal is a law firm registered under Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises Development (MSMED) Act, 2006 (as amended from time to time and as in force) for the purpose of rendering structured commercial and pro-bono professional legal services, aid, and assistance in the areas of Criminal Laws, Transparency Laws, Labour-Service Laws, Arbitration & Mediation, Consumer Laws, Policy Advisory besides others. The firm is organized and comprised of divisions viz. Dispute Resolution & Legal Affairs, Policy Advocacy & Advisory and Recruitment & Programme Affairs, which are manned by seasoned professionals.
About the Internship Programme
The candidate may be engaged in any or all of the following areas:
- Criminal Laws and matters related therewith
- Right to Information/Transparency Laws
- Consumer and Education Laws
- Employment and Labour Laws (including POSH)
- Petitions (Applications, Complaints, and Representations)
- Human Rights Law & Legal Aid, Assistance and Awareness
- Research and Drafting White Papers and Briefs/Synopsis
- Other areas of practice, subject to competence and interest
- The call shall remain in force w.e.f. 01 January 2021 for the financial year 2021-2022, however, the first batch of applications received till 28 February 2021 shall be processed before the end of March 2021.
- And all other applications received on or after 01 March 2021 shall be processed at such other interval of time as may be decided internally.
- In the event of all positions being filled at any point of time, applications received thereinafter shall be processed but if selections are made, would put the candidate in ‘Successful Pool of Applicants: Waitlisted’ category as shall be maintained by the firm for placement as per availability or vacancy created due to withdrawal, desertion or termination of previously selected candidate(s).
Number of Interns Required
5 (Five) Interns every calendar month, with a period of engagement, is 4 (Four) weeks starting w.e.f. 7th day of every such calendar month and ending on 6th day of the succeeding month.
Work From Home (Remote/Virtual Internship)
Who can apply?
The candidate should be pursuing any domain-specific, graduate or post-graduate, academic or professional course, in Law or Legal Studies, irrespective of the year of study and of the nomenclature of the course, provided the educational institution and the course being run is duly recognized/approved by the appropriate
government and/or the regulatory authorities.
Since the engagement of an intern remains primarily training in essence in virtual mode, no stipend in monetary terms is paid to an intern.
Duration of internship
- Interested candidate(s) should apply immediately and follow the steps delineated herein below:
- Visit the website preferably on desktop/laptop or otherwise in ‘Desktop Mode’ for better viewing experience and technical compatibility, or otherwise the firm’s LinkedIn account available at specific weblink.
- Access the Careers Page (2021-2022) on the said website or otherwise the Posts Section/Updates on the LinkedIn account, locate and download the two (2) files available in MS-Word file format and named as Part_BRL_21-22 and Assign_BRL_21-22.
- Fill and/or Attempt the files and save the same, in accordance with the instructions contained in the said files.
- Prepare or otherwise secure updated and latest Curriculum Vitae/Resume in pdf file format.
- Prepare a cover letter, in a maximum of 500 words to be contained in the body of the email or submission box available in the form on the Careers Page of the website.
- Submit the completed files i.e. Part_BRL, Assign_BRL, Curriculum Vitae/Resume with Cover Letter through the form made available on Careers Page of website or in case of failure through such means or otherwise as may be preferred, send the same via email only with Subject Line ‘Application: Call For Interns_F.Y. 2021-2022_Your Full Name’ to the email address careers[at]blackrobeslegal.com and not otherwise in any manner whatsoever.
- No queries shall be entertained and the candidate is at liberty to make the best judgment to ensure substantive compliance.
For other information, check out the FAQs by clicking here.
M/s. Black Robes Legal
(Advocates, Advisors and Consultants)
Regd. Office: Block – B, No. 10, II Floor, Karam Pura
District West, P.S. Moti Nagar, P.O. Ramesh Nagar H.O.
NCT of Delhi – 110015 India
Landline No.: +9111-41-751582
Mobile No.: +91-9582-751582