Jammu and Kashmir Services Selection Board (JKSSB) invites applications for the position Junior Research Assistant, for Law graduates, resident in J&K.
Jammu and Kashmir Services Selection Board is a service recruiting board constituted by the Government of Jammu and Kashmir that conducts examinations to various departmental services or non gazetted posts in the earlier state of Jammu and Kashmir.
The JKSSB Recruitment
This post is as per the advertisement for District/Divisional/UT Cadreposts of various Departments under provisions of the Jammu & Kashmir Civil Services – Decentralization and Recruitment Act, 2010 and rules made thereunder read with other rules governing the subject.
Number of posts: 01
Name of the Department: Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs
Pay Scale of the Post: Level-6B (35600- 112800)
- Education: A Bachelor Degree in Law from a University established by law in India.
- Age Limit: 40-48 years as on 01-01-2020
- Domicile: The candidate should be a Domicile of the Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir as defined in terms of the Notifications issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India vide S.O 1229 (E) dated 31- 03-2020 and S.O 1245(E) dated 03-04-2020 read with the General Administration Department, Government of Jammu and Kashmir’s S.O 166 dated 18-05-2020.
- The candidate must possess a Domicile Certificate issued by the Competent Authority in the format prescribed for the purpose, on or before the last date of submission of the online application form.
How to Apply
- Candidates are required to apply online through JKSSB’s online Application Portal. No other means/ mode of application will be accepted.
- The Candidates who have not registered earlier on the portal are first required to go to the said Portal and register themselves by clicking on the ‘Candidate Registration’ link.
- Once successful Login, the candidate can check under ‘Latest Openings’ for all available advertisements and click on ‘Apply Now’ against ‘Application Form for Appointment to the Post applied’.
- The candidate’s application will not be considered if the fee is not paid for that application.
- The application printout along with the fee payment receipt and required copies of documents should be kept ready for submission if shortlisted for the subsequent stage of Selection as per the notified Criteria.
- Candidates can take a printout of the application submitted and fee payment receipt from the ‘My Applications’ link available in the Portal. Application printout can be taken by selecting Application ID/No and clicking on Download Application. Similarly, a receipt printout can be taken by selecting Application ID/No and clicking on the Download Receipt button available.
Scheme of Examination
- The Examination will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions only except for items mentioned otherwise in the relevant column of Annexure ‘A’ to this notification. The questions will be set in
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- Tentative Answer Keys, in due course after the Examination, will be placed on the website of the Board. Any representation regarding Answer Keys received within the time limit fixed by the Board at the time of uploading of the Answer Keys will be scrutinized and the decision of the Board in this regard will be final. No representation regarding Answer keys shall be entertained, afterward.
- Marks scored by candidates in the written test will be normalized if required, to determine final merit and cut-off marks.
Criteria for selection
- The selection for the post shall be made on the basis of merit obtained in written examination only
- The selection for the post shall be made on the basis of merit obtained in the written examination only. The candidate shall have to qualify Driving Test to be eligible to appear for written examination
- Skill Test – 20 points
- Written Examination/CBT – 80 points (The marks obtained in the Type Test shall be proportionately allotted against 20 points earmarked for the Type Test)
Any person who finds difficulty in the submission of the application form due to a technical issue or for any other reasons shall be required to send a self-explanatory mail at ssbjkgrievance[at]gmail.com for seeking guidance, clarification, etc. No other mode of grievance submission in this context would be valid. Moreover, only the grievance pertaining to the active application will be replied through the mail