GIL or Geeta Institute of Law’s Centre Centre For Environmental Studies is organizing an international e-Seminar on Protection of Human Rights in The Era of Globalization, on February 3rd, 2021. It thus invites submissions for the same to be presented at the webinar.
About Geeta Institute of Law
The institute was granted affiliation by Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra in 2007 and affiliation has been approved by the Bar Council of India. Geeta Institute of law is one of the prestigious Law Institute having honored as being the best 35th law college in India by India Today Ranking.
About the Webinar
The gradual waves of development around the world have not only brought changes in terms of different sciences and technologies but also made a deep impact on our approach of looking at the concept of Human Rights.
The intended International e-Seminar is, in this way, a platform to understand the technicalities involve between the ongoing globalization and the role of the state in the protection of human rights. The contemporary issues and challenges in different contexts, therefore, require a deep deliberation as to how the state handles these two things simultaneously. Questions such as “what happens when the state succumbs to the evils of emerging corporate influence?” will be the limelight of this event.
Protection of Human Rights in the Era of Globalization: Contemporary Issues and Challenges
- Environment and Human Health
- Emerging Issues Relating to Environmental Pollution.
- Guidance and policy recommendations on human rights affected by globalization
- Role of international organizations/NGO’s in protecting human rights in global era.
- Right to clean environment : A basic human right
- COVID- 19 and protection of human rights
- Trade war and Human Rights
NOTE: The above-mentioned sub-themes are not exhaustive. The author can select any other sub-theme related to Protection of Human Rights.
- Abstract: The abstract should not exceed 300 words and must be accompanied by a cover page stating the following:
- Title of the Paper
- Name of the author(s)
- E-mail address
- Postal address and Contact Number
- Full Research Paper: The paper should have a minimum of 3000 (exclusive of footnotes) & a maximum of 5000 words (inclusive of footnotes).
- There can be only an author and one co-author. Inclusion of more than one co-author will result in automatic disqualification.
- The main text should be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and spacing of 1.5.
- The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single line spacing.
- One inch margin on all sides should be maintained.
- Citation Style: Bluebook 19th Edition.
- All correspondence must be sent to email: cesgil[at]geeta.edu.in
- The full paper must be emailed to cesgil[at]geeta.edu.in on or before 29th January 2021 with the subject as
- All submissions must be the author’s original and unpublished work. Any amount of Plagiarism will attract immediate disqualification.
All the participants shall be required to present their research papers on 3rd February 2021 through WhatsApp/Zoom.
- Submission of Abstract: 18th January, 2021
- Confirmation of Abstract: 20th January, 2021
- Last date of Registration & Fees: 23rd January, 2021
- Submission of Full Paper: 29th January, 2021
- International e-Seminar/Online Presentation: 3rd February, 2021
Important Note: The above-mentioned dates shall be strictly followed.
- In case of co-authorship, both the participants have to register & pay separately.
- While filling the Google form, participants will be required to upload the screenshot or receipt of the payment so made, therefore the participants are first required to pay the registration fee and then register.
- Registration can be done by filling the following Google form latest by 23rd January 2021
- For Indian Participants:
- Students: Rs. 300/-
- Research Scholars: Rs. 300/-
- Academicians and Professionals: Rs. 500/-
- Participants from outside India:
- Students: USD 02
- Research Scholars: USD 02
- Academicians and Professionals: USD 02
Payment can be made through RTGS/NEFT or by using various channels such as Paytm, Google pay etc. The following are the bank details:
- Bank/Branch Name: HDFC Bank, Samalkha, Panipat
- Account Holder Name: Geeta Institute of Law
- Account Number: 13251450000062
- IFSC Code: HDFC0001325
Note: Kindly take the screenshot or receipt of payment to upload in the Google form while registration. Registration fee is not refundable.
For any query regarding registration & payment details, contact at:
Phone Number: +91 7496954101
Certificates and Awards
- Three best presentations will be awarded from Student and Research Scholar Category.
- Three best presentations will be awarded from Academic and Professional Category.
Ms. Neelam Ruhal ( Assistant Professor ) Geeta Institute of Law
Mr. Anil Vats ( Assistant Professor ) Geeta Institute of Law
- Mr. Rishabh Jain: +91 8295237773
- Ms. Grazy: +91 9996652760
- Ms. Shivani Narwal: +91 7503451044
For any further query contact at cesgil[at]geeta.edu.in
Click here for the official brochure.