The Competition Commission of India (CCI) is a statutory body established under the Competition Act, 2002 with the objective of preventing practices having an adverse effect on competition, to promote and sustain competition in markets, to protect the interest of consumers, and to ensure freedom of trade carried on by other participants in markets in India.
CCI is also mandated to take suitable measures for the promotion of competition law by organizing various advocacy programs for the stakeholders.
The Commission brings out its annual Journal on Competition Law and Policy in both print and online versions.
About the Opportunity
The Commission invites original high-quality research papers, articles, case law, and book reviews on competition law, the economics of competition law, and contemporary antitrust issues for publication in its aforesaid journal.
However, research papers/ articles/book reviews on the following themes, in the Indian context and based on empirical research, would be encouraged:
- Vertical restraints and competition
- Market definition, measuring market power and abuse of dominance
- Merger and acquisition
- New age economy, platform markets, and challenges for antitrust enforcement
- Intellectual property rights and competition law
- A recent development in competition law and policy
- Any other issues related to competition law and policy
Process of Selection
- Initial stage: The Joint editors will carry out a blind review to determine the eligibility of the paper for further review. On clearing the initial stage: The paper will be sent to the editorial board.
- A double-blind review process will be followed at both stages.
- Based on the editorial board recommendations, the paper will be rejected or accepted, or sent.
View the detailed submission guidelines here.
How to Submit
Full papers along with a CV of the author(s) and duly signed certificate of originality sent to email@example.com
Requests for further information or any other queries may be sent to the abovementioned email ID.
Please Note: There is no specific deadline for the submission of papers. Papers cleared by the Editorial board
will be published in the next available issue of the Journal.