GLG or Gerson Lehrman Group seeks to hire a lawyer for the job role of Legal Counsel to join the Company’s legal department in Gurgaon, India.
GLG or Gerson Lehrman Group is a New York-based company that offers professional education services to its clients with topical or industry expertise in a variety of fields, as well as executive education, larger team training, and the placement of experts in long-term advisory, operational, and board roles.
Founded in the year 1998 by Yale Law graduates Mark Gerson and Thomas Lehrman, it now has backing from giant companies like Silver Lake Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, and the like.
GLG’s clients include corporations, hedge funds, private equity firms, family offices, professional service firms, and non-profit organizations.
Role and Responsibilities
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Together with other team members, enforce processes to ensure the highest legal and compliance standards are met in all aspects of the business
- Draft client and vendor contracts for the Company and conduct regulatory research
team with other legal department lawyers and non-lawyer personnel to ensure timely execution of legal and compliance related tasks for the Company
- Manage contracts with clients, experts and their institutions, and vendors
- Work closely with multiple business segments, including Business Development and Client Solutions.
Who is it For?
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Law degree (LL.B. or higher) from a top law university, with demonstrated excellent academic performance
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a self-sufficient transactional/commercial attorney with a multi-national company
- Must be fluent in MS office and comfortable with new technology. Prior experience of working on Salesforce platform would be an added advantage
- Exceptional written and oral English communication skills
Click here for the official job posting by GLG.
Gurgaon (Gurugram), Haryana