The Alternate Dispute Resolution Association of School of Law, UPES is proud to organize “Madhyastham UPES ADR Fest, 2021”.
School of Law, UPES is a private school that was established in 2007 in Dehradun. UPES is one of the constituent schools of the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) and is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC). UPES is the first Indian University to partner with UK-based The University of Law for legal studies.
About ADR Association
Alternative Dispute Resolution or ADR as it is commonly known is almost a movement that has quickly gained momentum in the Indian as well as the International Legal Fraternity. Dispute Resolution is a method by which people settle differences. It is a process by which compromise or agreement is reached while avoiding argument and dispute. It is a bargaining process between parties when both seek to reach an agreement that settles a matter of mutual concern or resolves a conflict.
Format of the Competition
“Madhyastham UPES ADR Fest’21” will be held in the month of February from 25th-28th.
Due to the risk associated with novel Corona Virus (COVID-19) outbreak, this Competition will be organized in Online Mode only.
This fest will witness three national competitions:
- 3rd National Mediation Competition
- 1st National Negotiation Competition
- 1st National Arbitral Award Writing Competition
It is open to all law students from all over India. Each participant must be a current Undergraduate Student (5-years or 3-year Course) of their respective institution.
Considering the limitation on the number of teams, each University is permitted to be represented by only two teams.
- Last date for Provisional Registration: January 26, 2021.
- Confirmation of Provisional Registration: January 27, 2021.
- Last date for Final Registration: January 31, 2021.
- Inaugural Ceremony: February 25, 2021.
- Date of Competition: February 26-28, 2021.
- Valedictory Ceremony: February 28, 2021.
Click here for the official brochure.