Applications are invited for the post of Research Assistant at the Jammu and Kashmir High Court in Srinagar, to fill up 8 vacancies.
About the J&K High Court
The Jammu and Kashmir High Court is the common High Court for the union territory of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh. It was established on 26 March 1928 by letters patent issued by the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Position Name: Research Assistant
- Number of posts: 8
- Age Limit: A Candidate must not have attained the age of 33 years as of 1st January 2021.
- Domicile: The candidate must be a Domicile of Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir in terms of 5.0. 166 dated 18.05.2020 issued by GAD, Government of Jammu and Kashmir or must be a resident of Union Territory of Ladakh for a period of not less than 15 years before the date of applying and is actually resident of the area.
- Educational Qualification: The candidate must be a Law Graduate (as on the date of appearing in the interview) having a Bachelor’s Degree in Law (including Integrated Degree Course in Law) from any School/College/University/Institute established by Law in India and recognized by the Bar Council of India for enrolment as an Advocate, possessing a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate at Law Graduation (including Integrated Degree Course
in Law) and should not have completed two years after enrolment as an Advocate.
- The candidates studying in the final year/last semester of their Law Course will also be eligible to apply subject to furnishing proof of acquiring the Law degree qualification with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate at the time of interview.
- The candidates studying in the fifth year of the five-year Integrated Law Course w iII have to submit attested copies of their grade-sheet/marks card/transcripts until the end of the fourth year.
- Competencies: The candidate must have knowledge of computers, including retrieval of desired information from various search engines/ processes such as Manupatra, SCC Online, LexisNexis, Westlaw, etc.
- Character: The candidate must have absolute integrity, honesty, and good moral character, for which he/she will submit a certificate of two responsible persons at the time of interview.
- The application form must be accompanied by a bank draft of Rs. 200/- in the name of Registrar General of the High Court of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Applications received along with fee on or before the last date for receipt of applications and found to be in
order in all respects shall be considered for further process.
- The selection of Research Assistant shall be made in accordance with the selection process laid down in the
guidelines as notified in the High Court Notification No. 578 dated 30.08.2016, as amended from time to time,
vide Notification No. 1835/GS dated 14.03.2018, Notification No. 896 dated 20.10.2018 and Notification No.
44 dated 07.06.2019 which are available on the High Court website.
- The candidates are advised to go through these Notifications before applying for the said assignment.
- The candidate shall be bound by the conditions/guidelines as prescribed in the above-said notification,
in respect of responsibilities, duties, and other conditions attached to the said assignment.
- The Research Assistant shall not be entitled to any allowance(s) or perk(s) other than the honorarium.
How to Apply?
- The applications complete in all respects with a recent passport size photograph and a bank draft of Rs. 200/-
in the name of Registrar General of the High Court of Jammu and Kashmir shall be forwarded to the High Court on e-mail address hcjmu-jk[at]nic.in and the original application form along with bank draft and other testimonials by post to Registrar Judicial Srinagar/Jammu latest by 20.02.2021.
- The application form can be found in Annexure A in the official notification (Link Below)