The Centre for Research in Criminal Justice of Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai invites contributions to its blog, MNLUM Criminal Law Review Blog.
They welcome submissions from Academicians, Legal Practitioners, Research scholars, Law Students on the topic of criminal law with a significant implication on international or domestic criminal law and interdisciplinary work.
About Centre for Research in Criminal Justice
The Centre for Research in Criminal Justice (CRCJ) was established to promote and advance national and comparative research and scholarship in the area of Criminal Law and Criminal Justice, Criminology, Victimology, International Criminal Law and Human Rights. Key objectives of the Centre include researching, analysing and critically examining the laws, policies, and programs related to criminal laws, communicating the findings and recommendations to the agencies of Government concerned with the same and disseminate the finding through publications, workshops, seminars, and other means.
- The submission should be between 1200 – 1500 words. Longer pieces will be considered for publication of the content so requires and the quality is ensured. Keep your title brief. Please ensure that the title clearly communicates the topic and conveys the essence of the piece to the reader.
- The articles should be submitted as a Word document (in .doc or .docx format) by filling out the Google form which can be accessed here. Any submissions made through email will not be considered for the review process.
- While formatting the document, the author(s) should keep the following things in mind:
- Font Size: 12 pt., Font Style: Times New Roman and Line Spacing: 1.5 lines
- All the relevant authorities should be duly acknowledged and hyperlinked in the text of the submission itself. If hyperlinks are not available, then endnotes (Bluebook 20th edition) can be used.
- We encourage authors to use section headers in bold font to break up the text and guide the reader.
- The submission should be an original work of the author and not under consideration for publication in any other journal or blog. Plagiarism > 20% will be a ground for rejection.
- Co-authorship is allowed up to two authors.
- The authors must ensure that their names, institutional affiliation and other personal information is not present in the submitted manuscript.
- All content must be submitted in English. That said, once approved for publication, we are happy to post a translated copy(-ies), provided that the translation is done either by the author(s) herself/himself, or through a trusted third party of the author’s own accord. Please note that any translated version(s) will be posted alongside, rather than in lieu of, the English version. We strongly encourage authors to avail of the opportunity to translate their text into the working language of the context of interest, so that the post can reach more audiences.
- The review process is a two-stage double-blind peer review.
- The board would look into various factors like a relevance to the theme of the blog, accuracy of facts, depth of analysis, coherence in arguments, and lastly, language and structure of the content.
- Generally, the author(s) will be intimated about acceptance/rejection within 7 days of submission. However, under exceptional circumstances, the review process may take up to 10 days.
- +91 97637 18180
- +91 98209 00733 [On working days between 9 am to 5 pm]