Goa State Pollution Control Board is looking to hire for the job post of Junior Law Officer, to fill up one post from the general category.
The Goa State Pollution Control Board is an autonomous statutory organization constituted on 1st July 1988 under the Water (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act, 1974. Prior to that, when Goa formed part of the erstwhile Union Territory of Goa, Daman, and Diu, the Central Board for the Prevention and Control of Water Pollution was performing the functions of the State Board in Goa. The Central Pollution Control Board at Ponda-Goa had established a Section Office for the purpose. The same arrangement continued till the constitution of the State Board. In the meanwhile, the Section Office was re-constituted as West Zonal Office and shifted to Baroda on 4th April 1988. All the relevant records pertaining to Goa were transferred to the Goa State Pollution Control Board on 12th September 1988.
Number of Posts
01 (General category)
Rs. 9300-34800 + Grade pay Rs. 4200/-
- Bachelors Degree in Law from a recognized University
- Adequate knowledge of environment-related Acts.
- Knowledge of Konkani
- Atleast 3 years working experience in Legal Department of Govt./Govt. undertaking / Institution / Autonomous body dealing with and practicing Environment Acts.
Knowledge of Marathi
Not exceeding 40 years (relaxable for Government servants up to 5 years) (relaxable for OBC / S.T/ Government servants as per Government Circular instructions)
- Prescribed educational qualifications mentioned above are minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle the applicants to be called for the written examination. Where the number of applications received is large, the Board shall shortlist the candidates.
- A written examination shall be held for recruitment to the posts of Junior Law Officer, Junior Environmental Engineer
- The total marks of written examination shall be 100 and the duration of the examination
- The selection of candidates shall be determined in accordance with the marks obtained by each candidate in the written examination/ skill test as per merit. The entire result shall be published on the Notice Board of the Board, as well as on the portal.
- As regards the cost of multi-tasking staff, a skill test shall be conducted.
- The total marks of written examination shall be 100 and duration of examination shall be two hours.
- There shall be no allocation of marks for educational qualifications and the selection of candidates shall be done strictly as per the marks scored in the written examination/ skill test.
- If two or more candidates secure equal marks in the written examination the order of merit shall be as per their date of birth and if in case the date of birth is also the same then the candidates possessing higher educational qualifications will be placed higher in the merit list.
How to Apply?
- An interested and eligible applicant shall submit the application addressed to:
The Chairman, Goa State Pollution Control Board, Nr. Pilerne Industrial Estate, Opp. Saligao Seminary, Saligao, Bardez Goa 403511, on or before 25/02/2021, giving details such as:
- Educational qualifications,
- Work experience if any,
- Valid employment exchange card,
- Birth certificate,
- One passport size photograph affixed to the application,
- 15 years continuous residence certificate issued by the Competent Authority,
- Caste certificate issued by the Deputy Collector and scrutinized by the Scrutiny Committee constituted by the Directorate of Social Welfare, Govt. of Goa, and any other relevant certificates/documents.
- The application as per the proforma shall be submitted to the office of the Goa State Pollution Control Board.
- Late, incomplete applications and not fulfilling the requirements in any manner are liable to be rejected summarily by the Board.
Note: Find the application form in the official notification.