About the Organizer
Dr. Ambedkar Government Law College, Puducherry was established in the year 1972 by the Government of Puducherry and presently it is affiliated to Pondicherry University and approved by Bar Council India. This institution is known all over India for its excellence and rich contribution to legal education. In Puducherry, it is the only Government Law College having a vast curriculum and it has earned its reputation in such a way that legal educations in Puducherry and Dr. Ambedkar Government Law College have been treated as synonymous with each other.
Currently, the institution has 590 students including research scholars and it attracts quality students from all over India. The new campus is situated at Kalapet, Puducherry with a serene background and a vast area of 28 acres with all the amenities and facilities required for an academic and research environment. This is a unique Law College in India where under one roof all major branches of law curriculum like B.A.LL.B., LL.B., LL.M., (CBCS, in four different Branches), PG Diploma in French Law, and Ph.D. courses are being offered. Being a research institution this institution is also proud to contribute to the present development of legal education and research. The physical infrastructure of the institution has the potential to accommodate a whole university on its campus.
About the Moot
Being a pioneering institution in India to conduct Moot Court Competitions, Dr. Ambedkar Government Law College, Puducherry frequently conducts national level moot court competitions every year on various themes with the objective to train the law students about the practical aspects of court procedure. During the competition, law students/participants are divided into teams and they are required to argue on a specific problem before a panel of Judges in the same manner as done in a Court of Law so that they can hone their advocating skills and prosper well in the legal profession. The best performers are given cash awards in the presence of Dignitaries.
The Institution has been conducting National Moot Court Competition since its inception and so far conducted 45 National Level Moot Court Competitions including 5 Regional Language (Tamil) Moot Court Competitions and one All India Women Moot Court Competition exclusively for girls student. Our College has also functioned as Regional Administrator for 16 years continuously for selection of Indian Team to represent India in Jessup Philips International Law Moot Court held in USA.
Participation is restricted to bona fide undergraduate students of 5 years/ 3 years LL.B. program of any University/College/Institution (recognised by the Bar Council of India).
Dr. Ambedkar Govt. Law College, Mathur Road, Kalapet, Puducherry- 605014
- Institutions that are interested in sending a team to participate in this Moot Court Competition are required to send an e-mail to email@example.com to provisionally register for the same.
- The last date for provisional registration is 22nd February 2021.
- A confirmation e-mail will be sent to the colleges that send in the provisional registration mails.
- The participating team must submit the hard copy of the Registration Form along with DD and travel form on or before 1st March 2021.
- The Registration Form along with the demand draft should be sent by post to The Principal, Dr. Ambedkar Government Law College, Mathur Road, Kalapet, Puducherry – 605014.
Registration fee is Rs. 2000/- for each participating team, payable only by way of DD drawn in favor of The Principal, Dr. Ambedkar Government Law College, Puducherry, payable at Puducherry.
Attractive cash prizes and certificates will be issued under the following heads:
- The Winners
- The Runners
- The Best Female Counsel
- The Best Male Counsel
- The Best Memorial
- Last date for Provisional Registration via e-mail: 22 February 2021
- Last date for sending the Hard Copy of the Registration Form along with the Registration Fee: 1 March 2021
- Submission of Memorial by post (One Hard Copy): 8 March 2021
- Dr. Rupam Lal Howlader: +91 9432128855
- Ms. V.R. Uma: +91 7358174379
- Dr. Gurminder Kaur: +91 7358932180
- Dr. U. Varadharajan: +91 9790340654