The Delhi International Arbitration Centre (DIAC), High Court of Delhi is inviting applications from Indian nationals for the job post of Deputy Counsel, for filling up of 03 (three) posts.
About the DIAC
The Delhi International Arbitration Centre (DIAC), formerly Delhi High Court Arbitration Centre was established by the High Court under the able leadership of its then Chief Justice Mr. Justice Ajit Prakash Shah. DIAC was inaugurated on 25th November 2009 by Mr. Justice K.G. Balakrishnan, the then Chief Justice of India in the august presence of Dr. M. Veerappa Moily, the then Union Minister for Law and Justice, Smt. Sheila Dikshit, the then Chief Minister of NCT of Delhi and Mr. Justice Ajit Prakash Shah, and his Companion Judges of High Court of Delhi and Mr. Goolam E. Vahanvati, the then Attorney General of India. DIAC is the first High Court annexed Arbitration Centre.
Delhi International Arbitration Centre (DAC) came into existence on 25th November 2009. DAC is an institution intended to facilitate and encourage litigating parties to take recourse to arbitration as their chosen mode for settlement of disputes. DAC ensures the effective settlement of disputes by Arbitration, which is cost and time effective. DAC was founded by the High Court of Delhi to secure an independent, transparent and professional institution.
The Rules of DAC encourage quick and expeditious disposal of claims referred to the Centre. It also contains provisions for Med-Arb in order to enable parties to amicably resolve their disputes. The provision of Emergency Arbitration caters to the urgent needs of the parties by providing interim and conservatory measures.
The DAC panel of arbitrators consists of eminent legal personalities including Retired Judges of the Supreme Court and High Courts, Retired District and Sessions Judges, Senior Advocates, Advocates, Engineers, Architects, etc. DAC has a dedicated team of lawyers proficient in arbitration backed by an efficient secretariat which forms the core of the Centre.
Applications are invited from Indian Nationals (Citizens of India as defined in the Constitution of India or under any law made by the Parliament to regulate the rights of citizenship) who fulfill the essential qualification and other eligibility conditions as of the last date of receiving of application, for filling up of 03 (three) posts of Deputy Counsel and for preparation of a panel of suitable candidates, purely on a contractual basis, at the Delhi International Arbitration Centre (DIAC), High Court of Delhi.
- Mandatory Advocate with a minimum of two years experience.
- Desirable Having specialization/experience in Commercial Laws and Arbitration.
- Age Limit: Applicant should not be above 30 years of age as on 09.03.2021.
About the Engagement
- This engagement is a full-time job and is purely on a contractual basis. Initially, the contract shall be for a period of one year.
- However, the contract can be terminated at any point in time without any notice. The selected candidates shall have no right to claim regularisation or continuation of service.
- The appointment shall be made subject to giving an undertaking that the applicant shall not undertake any private practice during his/her engagement at DIAC.
Remuneration Consolidated Rs. 50,000/- (Rupees Fifty thousand only) per month.
Mode of Selection
Mode of Selection Selection shall be made on the basis of the interview.
How to Apply
- The candidates, who fulfill the requisite qualification and desire to be considered, shall apply in the format as prescribed in Annexure-1 of the official notification.
- The application duly signed by the candidate shall be sent at the following address either by speed post or by hand so as to reach latest by 9th March. 2021 at 5.00 PM.
- Delhi International Arbitration Centre (DIAC)
3rd Floor, Medical Unit Building,
Delhi High Court Complex,
Shershah Road, New Delhi-110503
The last date and time of receipt of the applications are March 2021 at,5.00 PM.