About the Webinar
The advent of the Consumer Protection Act 2019 was driven by many challenges in the law relating to consumer protection, which led to the enactment of the consumer protection law with the aim to better place Indian consumers in this transnational trading system. The changing dimensions of law relating to consumer protection are well reflected in the new law and it has also attempted to provide justice to consumers in terms of the forum as well as remedies. The law seeks to sharpen the aspects relating to product liability, fraudulent endorsements, e-commerce, e-filing of complaints, rise in pecuniary jurisdiction, and establishment of Central Consumer Protection Authority and most importantly providing Alternative Dispute Resolution mechanisms as means for settling a dispute to provide effectively as well as an expeditious remedy to consumers in India. The parallel existence of the competition regime has given a new horizon to consumer protection in India. Thus, the coordinated operation of these two branches of law has further presented many issues which need academic deliberation. The new Consumer Protection Law is presently in its nascent stages but has a legendary predecessor. The webinar is an attempt to provide an insight into the new law and its interpretations, based on observations, interpretations, and precedents.
A book shall be published with ISBN consisting of 30 best manuscripts. Kindly permit the publication of the book at university expenses.
The academic contributions are invited from the fraternity and stakeholders on the following suggested sub-themes:
- Consumer Protection Act 2019 and its dynamics
- Product liability
- Fraudulent advertisement and its liability
- Consumer data protection
- E-commerce and consumer protection
- Alternative dispute resolution in consumer disputes
- Consumer protection and competition law
- Unfair trade practices and consumer interests.
- Consumer and practices having an appreciable adverse effect
- Consumer rights of patients
- Breach of consumer privacy and use of confidential information of consumers
How to Submit?
- All submissions are to be made via e-mail as word documents (preferably Microsoft Word 2007 or 2010). Authors can submit their manuscripts at the following mail id – cbl[at]nusrlranchi.ac.in
- Submission of abstract is not more than 300 words by 10th March 2021
- Declaration of acceptance of an abstract by 12th March 2021 for presentation in Webinar
- Submission of Final Paper: 16th March 2021
- Selection of best papers for publication in books: 18th March 2021
- Webinar: 25th March 2021
- Registration Fee: Rs. 500/-
- Copy of Books for authors selected for Publication: Rs. 500/- per copy
- Each co-author must undergo a registration process with fees separately.
Guidelines for Paper Submission
- The title of the Chapter should be followed by Name, Designation, Name of the Organization / University / Institution, and Email address. It is mandatory to mention an Email address, as all future correspondence will be through it.
- Name and details of Co-author, if any.
- The paper should be typed in MS WORD format (preferably 2010).
- The paper must be in a single-column layout with margins justified on both sides.
- The paper should be in Times New Roman 12 point font and double spaced. The main Title should be in full capitals, bold, and centered with a 12 point font. Sub-titles should be in sentence case, bold and 12 point font. Author’s names should be in small capitals and centered 12 point font Footnotes should be in Times New Roman 10 point font.
- The length of the paper shall be between 3,000 – 5,000 words (including footnotes).
- Citation Format: The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (2015, 20th ed.)
- Submission of the abstract: A covering letter with the name(s) of the author (s) and address, designation, institution/affiliation, the title of the manuscript and contact information (email, phone, etc.) is compulsory to submit. All submissions must contain an abstract of not more than 300 words.
- The originality of Manuscripts: All the contributions should be the original work of the contributors and should not have been submitted for consideration in any other Publication. Any plagiarized work with more than 20% plagiarism will be out-rightly rejected.
- Copyright declaration: The author needs to declare the originality and that paper is not submitted elsewhere for publication. The copyright shall vest with the publisher.
- The best 30 selected papers will be published in the form of a book by NUSRL Publication with ISBN.
- Beneficiary: NUSRL Ranchi
- Account No.: 490710110003104
- Bank: Bank of India
- Branch: NUSRL Campus
- IFSC: BKID0005900
- Ms.Priya Vijay: +91-9369550018
- Dr. Hiral Mehta Kumar: +918051176055
Click here for more information.