MNLU Mumbai is organizing a National Seminar on Environmental Crimes: Current and Emerging Issues and on May 15th, 2021, is also inviting submissions for presentations.
Environmental Protection is one of the basic and most important prerequisites for the overall development of any country. For the past few decades, environmental law has evolved into the legal system of almost every country in the world. These laws not only tend to address the issue related to the natural environment but also stipulate how humans shall interact with the natural environment and ecological systems. Environmental legal regime brings in multiple layers of regulatory control where the Government at all level is an active participant.
The evolving Environmental Jurisprudence has brought in a new area of crimes namely Environmental Crimes. It is necessary to spread awareness about environmental crimes and their present and future trends. With this objective in view, the Justice M. L. Pendse Chair in Environmental Laws in association with the Centre for Research in Criminal Justice organizes a one-day National Seminar on Environmental Crimes: Current and Emerging Issues. The Seminar will be held on 15th May 2021 in Maharashtra National Law University, 2nd floor CETTM MTNL Building, Hiranandani Gardens, Technology Street, Powai, Mumbai – 400 076 strictly following COVID 19 protocol and subject to then prevailing COVID situation.
Call for papers by the Centre for Research in Criminal Justice (CRCJ)
Centre for Research in Criminal Justice (CRCJ) invites contributions for its upcoming Journal. Submissions from Academicians, Legal Practitioners, Research Scholars, and Law Students on the theme of Environmental Crimes: Current and Emerging Issues are welcomed. The selected papers will be published in the upcoming Journal of Centre for Research in Criminal Justice of Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai, or/and published in the form of a book depending on the quality of the papers and subject to University Policy.
Dates for Submission:
- Abstract Submission: 20th March 2021
- Communication of acceptance status of Abstract: 25th March 2021
- Submission of Full Paper: 25th April 2021
- Communication of acceptance of full paper along with recommendation/suggestion of peer review (If Any): 30th April 2021
- Submission of paper with changes suggested (If Any): 7th May 2021
- All submissions must be in the Microsoft word Format with one-inch margin on all sides.
- The text must be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and line spacing of 1.5.
- Footnotes must be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single line spacing.
- Citation Style: Bluebook 20th Edition style of citation should be followed throughout.
- Word Limit: 4000-4500 words (excluding footnotes).
- Research Papers should be written in the English Language
- Articles found plagiarized will be summarily rejected.
- Plagiarism > 10% will be a ground for rejection.
Participation Fees (Inclusive of Breakfast and Lunch)
- Early Bird registration fee with paper publication (On or before 1st April 2021): Rs. 2000 per participant.
- Early Bird registration fee with paper publication for students (On or before 1st April 2021): Rs. 1500 per participant.
- Late Registration (From 2nd April 2021 onwards): Rs. 2000 per participant and Rs. 2000 for students.
- Registration without a paper presentation / publication: Rs. 1000 per participant
Participation Fees is inclusive of breakfast and lunch
- Name of Payee: MNLU Centre for Research in Criminal Justice
- Account Number: 8709000100020465 (Savings account)
- Bank: Punjab National Bank, Powai
- IFSC Code: PUNB0870900
Fees once paid will not be refunded.
In case of any queries, mail us at crcjsubmissions[at]mnlumumbai.edu.in or crcj[at]mnlumumbai.edu.in or you can call us at +91 8800253398 or +91 8750146129 between 9 AM to 5 PM.