CASLW or The Centre for Advanced Studies in Labour Welfare of RGNUL Patiala is organizing a webinar on Socioeconomic Transformation in India: Prospects and Strategies in Post Pandemic Era, on 24th April 2021. The organizers also invite submissions for paper presentations.
About the Organizers
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab, was established by the State Legislature of Punjab by passing the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab Act, (Punjab Act No. 12 of 2006). The Act incorporated a University of Law of national stature in Punjab, thereby fulfilling the need for a Centre of Excellence in legal education in the modern era of globalization and liberalization.
The Centre for Advanced Studies in Labour Welfare (CASLW) has been established by the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala (Punjab) in association with International Justice Mission (IJM), an International Non-Governmental Organization based in Washington D.C., the USA on 1st September 2012.
About the Webinar
Covid-19 has emerged as a crisis that has impacted all spheres of our daily life. The pandemic has disproportionately impacted the world’s labor population leading to unemployment, poverty, and reduced enforcement of rights. With the passage of time, the situation has aggravated the social issues in the country including the issues faced by the economically vulnerable sections of the country.
Therefore, keeping in mind the contemporary relevance of the conundrum of labor rights vis-à-vis COVID-19, the Centre will be organizing a webinar on the theme “Socioeconomic Transformation in India: Prospects and Strategies in Post Pandemic Era” on 24th April 2021. The selected papers will be published in a book titled “Socioeconomic Transformation in India: Prospects and Strategies in Post Pandemic Era” bearing an ISBN number.
Research papers are invited from academicians, practitioners, researchers, scholars, and students on the issues related to the above themes. Selected papers will be published in a book titled “Socioeconomic Transformation in India: Prospects and strategies in Post Pandemic Era” bearing an ISBN number.
The papers will go through a blind peer review and the selected papers will be published. The certificate of participation will be sent to the postal address of the authors. In the case of co-authored paper, the first author shall present the paper.
- A female centric approach to post-COVID-19 recovery of the Indian economy
- Importance of equal remuneration act during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Countering the regressive effects of the pandemic on the female workforce of India 4. The exploitation of low- income migrants at the national and international level
- Rising instances of Domestic violence due to the pandemic
- Hunger and income inequality
- Role of International Organizations in re-shaping the Indian economy during the COVID- 19 pandemic
- Poverty alleviation, employment opportunities, and social security
- Legislative reforms for growth and development at the regional level
NOTE: These sub-themes are merely illustrative. Researchers are free to submit any entries falling under the broad theme of “Socioeconomic Transformation in India: Prospects and strategies in Post Pandemic Era”.
- All papers should include an ‘abstract’ of not more than 500 words, accompanied by a brief profile of the author indicating his email ID, contact number, and official address.
- The word range for the research paper is 4000-5000 words.
- It must be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 on A4 size paper with 1” margin on all sides and with 1.5 line spacing using MS Word.
- The Footnoting must be in consonance with the Bluebook 20th edition.
- Kindly link the sources through footnotes only. Speaking footnotes, hyperlinks, and endnotes are not allowed.
|Students/Research Scholars||300 INR|
|Co-authorship [A maximum of 2 authors are permitted per paper.]||400 INR|
All payments to be made through this link: https://www.rgnulerp.org/lsa/eventPortal/loginFrom.jsp
- Last date for submission of Abstract: 15th March 2021
- Acceptance of Abstracts: 17th March 2021
- Last date of payment: 25th March 2021
- Last date for submission of the registration form: 25th March 2021
- Full Paper Submission: 10th April 2021
- Paper Presentation and Webinar: 24th April 2021
Please fill out the form for registration (Link at the end of this post).
Authors may send in their contributions at caslw[at]rgnul.ac.in
Mr. Anchit Singla (Convenor)
Phone Number: +91 9910926800
Ms. Tanisha Singh
Phone Number: +91 94133 09117
Click here for the official concept note.