Chanakya National Law University [CNLU] is an autonomous law school in Patna, Bihar, India. It was established in 2006 by the Government of Bihar as a public university dedicated to the field of Legal Education.
About the Centre
Centre for Innovation Research and Facilitation in Intellectual Property for Humanity and Development (CIRF in IPHD) has been established at Chanakya National Law University, Patna, with an objective to spread awareness towards intellectual property Rights through seminar/Conference/Workshop/Symposium and Innovation March, address Dispute Resolution through Arbitration, Mediation, and Conciliation, to discuss Global Trade in IP and Human rights, etc.
Teaching and Research are two shapes of the same coin of Education. It is an inalienable function of the educational institutions, as the teachers have to research for imparting a lesson to students.
Innovation in teaching is the routine work of a teacher. It makes the lesson impressive, palatable and beneficial. Further project research is assigned to students is a part of the curriculum. Apart from teaching assignment to teachers, they have to guide research scholars for PhD. Degree.
Further, the institutional projects for policy research are also part of the profession. In this way, the faculty has to have busy with research work as a whole. Hence the methodology of Research is equally significant, which requires to be inculcated as it helps in reaching the desired objectives-KNOWLEDGE TO THE FACULTY, RESEARCHERS, STUDENTS, SOCIETY, INDUSTRY, POLICYMAKERS etc.
- Hence the quality research is a subject of concern. How to compete with foreign Universities in Research?
- Can the ETHICS AND INTEGRITY REGULATIONS ALONE produce QUALITY RESEARCH?
- Should there be a separate Body to monitor Doctoral and Project Research for universities?
- The National Research workshop wants to discuss the present scenario in India for an appropriate solution. Since the Socio-legal-politico issues are getting complex in governance, everyone is seeking a solution to all problems in the law. Research in the University is merely theoretical. It imparts a mere degree. Why is the Research far away from socio-industry oriented?
- Why not there should be a full-time research program so that an empirical survey and laboratory work can be done?
- Can the Law University remain indifferent to national and global demands and desires of the society, industry, business and educational institutions?
- Can mono-disciplinary Research fulfil the needs of society and industries?
- What are the hurdles in interdisciplinary/multidisciplinary/cross-disciplinary Research?
- What the way is out is our common concern. Whether the PPFIP (Protection and Utilisation of Public funded Intellectual Property Bill 2008) is not the urgent need of the hour?
On this Occasion, i.e. on 16th March 2021 (The First Anniversary Day of the Centre), the E-Journal, JAIRIPA (Volume-I, Issue-I) and IP BULLETIN of the Centre (CIRF in IPHD) shall also be launched.
Participation is open to all: Students, Academicians, Research Scholars/Associates/Assistants, Faculty, etc.
Note: E-certificates will be provided to the one who attends the workshop and fills the feedback form.
Prof. Dr. Subhash Chandra Roy is Professor of Law and Dean Research & Development, Director – Centre for Innovation Research and Facilitation in Intellectual Property for Humanity and Development (CIRF in IPHD) at Chanakya National Law University, Patna.
Date and Time
16th March 2021 from 02:00 PM to 06:00 PM
The event will be held in Virtual Mode (on Microsoft Teams). Participants are required to install Microsoft Teams beforehand and get acquainted with its functions so as to avoid last minutes
The registration is free & can be done through this link.
Dr. S C Roy, Professor of Law and Dean Research & Development, Director (CIRF in IPHD) CNLU, Patna: email@example.com
Ayush Kumar, Student Coordinator, CIRF in IPHD: firstname.lastname@example.org