About the Recruiters
Power Grid, one of the largest Transmission Utilities in the World and a Maharatna Enterprise of Govt. of India is engaged in power transmission business with the mandate for planning, coordination, supervision, and control over complete Inter-State Transmission System. POWERGRID operates around 168,140 circuit km of transmission lines along with 252 Sub-stations (as of 31.01.2021) and wheels about 50% of total power generated in the country through its transmission network. POWERGRID also owns and operates approximately 66,922 km of Telecom Network, with points of presence in approx. 714 locations and intra-city network in 206 cities across India.
Central Transmission Utility of India Limited (CTUIL) is presently a wholly-owned subsidiary of Power Grid Corporation of India Limited. Incorporated on 28.12.2020. CTUIL is in the process of separation from Power Grid Corporation of India Limited.
CTUIL shall function as an independent utility and shall be responsible for discharging functions of national importance in relation to its statutory functions under Section 38 of the Electricity Act, 2003 which inter alia includes undertaking transmission of electricity through Inter-State Transmission System (ISTS), to discharge all functions of planning & co-ordination related to ISTS and to provide non-discriminatory open access to the same.
- POWER GRID: 03 (Three)
- CTUIL: 06 (Six)
Please Note: See the official notification for a detailed breakdown of the vacancies.
- Full-time 3-years LLB or 5-years integrated Law/LLB course with not less than 60% marks or equivalent CGPA as per the formula provided by the Institute/ University.
- Final Year / Semester students of academic session 2020-21, who expect their results by 31.08.2021 may also be considered eligible, provided they obtain a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent CGPA in aggregate of all semesters/ years up to pre-final examination while applying.
28 years as on 31st May 2021
- Interested & eligible candidates will have to appear for the Common Law Admission Test – CLAT 2021 applicable for admission to PG Courses. Candidates obtaining the minimum qualifying marks shall only be
eligible for the next stage of selection.
- The minimum marks required in CLAT-2021 (for admission to LLM/ PG Courses) shall be as per the Qualifying
Marks set by CLAT Authorities. In absence of any Qualifying Marks set by CLAT, the following shall be treated
as the Minimum.
- Qualifying Marks in CLAT for consideration of candidates for next stages of the selection process in POWERGRID:
- UR Vacancy: 40%
- Reserved Vacancy: 30%
- The selection process will include the marks obtained by the eligible candidates in the CLAT 2021 (for PG),
followed by Behavioral Assessment, Group Discussion, and Personal Interview of the qualified candidates who are shortlisted category-wise for the GD and interview.
- Candidates shall have the option for appearing in the Group Discussion / Personal Interview in Hindi or English.
Shortlisting of Eligible candidates for GD & Interview
- Qualified candidates shall be short-listed category-wise for Group Discussion & Personal Interview based on
their actual marks in the CLAT 2021 for admission into LLM/ PG courses.
- Candidates shortlisted for the Group Discussion and Interview shall be required to submit the documents as
may be mentioned in their individual communication to be sent through e-mail/ Candidate login.
Qualifying Marks in GD & Interview
- GD will not have any qualifying marks. The interview will have qualifying marks for different categories as
- Unreserved: 40%
- OBC (NCL)/PwD: 30%
Weightage to Different Parameters
- For calculation of the final score of a candidate for empanelment, the weightages assigned to CLAT 2021 marks,
Group Discussion and Interview shall be as indicated below:
- Marks in CLAT 2021 (applicable for admission to LLM/ PG): 85%
- Group Discussion: 3%
- Personal Interview: 12%
Please Note: Only CLAT 2021 examination (applicable for admission into LLM/ PG courses) is a prerequisite and valid for this recruitment process. CLAT result of 2020 or prior is not valid.
Selected candidates will be placed on the pay scale of INR 60,000 – 1,80,000/- during the one-year training
period. The Corporation offers a very attractive pay package which is one of the best in the Industry.
After completing 01 year of training and upon regularization, the Compensation package shall include:
Basic Pay, Dearness Allowance, Perquisites and Allowance as per cafeteria approach, Performance Related Pay,
Company Leased Accommodation / Company Quarters or HRA, Reimbursement of monthly conveyance
expenditure, mobile facility, Group Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, PF, Gratuity, Pension & Leave
How to Apply?
- Candidates have to register themselves and appear for CLAT 2021 (applicable for admission to PG/LLM Courses).
- Online Registration for CLAT 2021 shall close on 31st March 2021.
- For details on CLAT 2021, please visit the website by clicking here.
- The application window for POWERGRID shall open from 1st May 2021 to 31st May 2021.
- Candidates have to register online at the POWERGRID website with details of their CLAT 2021 Application No., CLAT 2021 Control Number, CLAT Roll Number, and other required information, which will be made available on the career portal of the website.
- SC/ST/PwD/ Ex-SM/ Departmental candidates are exempted from payment of application fees.
- Candidates are required to login to their candidate login section and then deposit non-refundable application fees of Rs. 500/- through online mode only.
- On submission of application fees, the application process will be treated as complete. Candidates are not required to send any hard copy of the application to POWERGRID.
- Group Discussion and Personal Interviews are likely to be conducted in the months of July/ August 2021.
CLAT 2021 Online Application
- Start of CLAT Registration: 1st January 2021
- Closing date for submission of online application: 31st March 2021
POWERGRID / CTUIL
- Commencement of Online Submission of Application: 1st May 2021
- Last date for Online submission of Application: 31st May 2021
- Cut-Off date for the purpose of Upper Age Limit: 31st May 2021