About the Organizer
Established in 2015, the GNLU Centre for Law and Society is a venture of the Gujarat National Law University.
The GNLU Centre for Law and Society is the focal point for socio-legal research at Gujarat National Law University that facilitates interdisciplinary and multi-disciplinary research, study, and teaching of law and society, and law and legal institutions. The Centre encourages multidisciplinary perspectives to inform analysis and debate on socio-legal issues, thereby providing the richest and most comprehensive approach to research and policy-making.
The foundation of the GNLU Centre for Law and Society is a set of members whose research interests are focused on an interdisciplinary study of the Law and Society. The expertise includes an examination of and inquiry into law-related issues from the perspectives of a broad range of disciplines, such as anthropology, communication, critical gender studies, economics, environmental studies, ethnic studies, history, linguistics, philosophy, political science, psychology, sociology, and urban studies and planning.
The Panel Discussion
The Panel Discussion has been organized by the CLS of GNLU, to commemorate World Social Work Month 2021.
The topic of the discussion will be the Draft NCSW Bill 2020 (The Draft National Council of Social Work (Education and Practice) Bill, 2020).
The event will commence with the inaugural address of Hon’ble Director Prof (Dr.) S. Shanthakumar Sir.
- Prof. (Dr.) B.T. Lavani, Bharti Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune
- Prof. (Dr.) M N Parmar – Faculty of Social Work, M.S. University of Baroda, Vadodara
- Ms. Nupur Sinha, Executive Director and Founding Member, Centre for Social Justice, Ahmedabad
- Dr. Sanjoy Roy, Department of Social Work, University of Delhi
- Ms. Jeevika Shiv, Associate Director, Fair Trial Fellowship (Project 39A), National Law University, Delhi
- Day and Date: Tuesday, March 23, 2021
- Time: 3:00 – 5:00 PM IST at Cisco Webex
- Event Link: Given at the end of this post
- Event number: 158 448 8551
- Event password: gcls2021