About School of Law, KIIT Deemed to be University
The School of Law, since its establishment in 2007, has been acknowledged and appreciated for providing quality legal education and legal skills training to students drawn from across the nation and abroad. The School is presently ranked 12th in India for 2019, as per the ranking released by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (MHRD, Govt. of India). The Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT), Deemed to be University has also recently awarded as the Institution of Eminence status by the MHRD, Govt. of India.
The academic framework of the school has always encouraged the involvement of its students in curricular and co-curricular development at par with the best Law Schools in India, and in relation to which the School is hosting and organizing a webinar on the topic ‘FEDERATION OF EARTH & WORLD GOVERNANCE’.
Details of the Event
Federation of Earth is the concept of a common political authority for all of humanity, giving way to a global government and a single state or polity with jurisdiction over the entire world. Such governance could only come into existence either through violent and compulsory world domination; or through peaceful and voluntary supranational union. “World Peace through World Law” is a common maxim for the Federation of Earth, also found as a title of some books and articles within the movement. A more detailed understanding of what this means, and what the phrase “World Federalism or Federation of Earth” means, can reveal the basic ideas of this movement and its connections with world peace and justice.
The conference is organized by the Centre for Constitutional Law Studies and Research (CCLSR), KIIT School of Law on 21st March 2021 at ZOOM.
- Constitution for the Federation of Earth: A Uniform Way of Global Village or Danger of Standardizing Global-Diversity by Dr. Glen T. Martin – Professor of Philosophy, Radford University.
- Spirituality, Harmonious Legal Order, Peaceful World Governance & Human Unity as Justice by Dr. K. Parameswaran – Associate Professor of Law, GNLU.
KIIT School of Law, KIIT University invites participation from Students of law of 3 years and 5 years course, research scholars, academicians, Advocates, and professionals.
The conference is organized in an online mode and the platform intended to be used for the same is zoom.
The participants are requested to register themselves by scanning the QR code in the brochure. Click on the link at the end of this post to register for the webinar.
- Deadline for registration: 21st March 2021 (Till 3:00 P.M)
- Conference Dates: 21st March 2021.
- Asst. Prof. (Dr.) Kvyalya Garikapati, KIIT School of Law
Mail id: kgarikapati[at]kls.ac.in
- Asst. Prof. Yogesh Mishra, KIIT School of Law
Mail id: yogesh.mishra[at]kls.ac.in
In case of queries, please call on any of the following contact numbers or email:
- Email ID: kiit.cclsr[at]kls.ac.in
- Convenor: Ms. Dibyangana Das: +918337009388
- Joint-Convenor: Mr. Ayush Verma: +919304540164