Freshworks, a Saas startup, is looking to hire an enterprising lawyer for the job of Legal Associate. The position will be based out of their Chennai office.
Freshworks provides innovative customer engagement software for businesses of all sizes, making it easy for teams to acquire, close, and keep their customers for life. Freshworks Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products provide a 360-degree view of the customer, are ready to go, easy to use, and offer a quick return on investment. Headquartered in San Mateo, USA, Freshworks 2,000+ team members work in offices throughout the world. Freshworks has global offices in India, Singapore, Australia, UK, Netherlands, France, and Germany. The company counts over 220,000 businesses in its customer-for-life community around the world including Honda, Bridgestone, Hugo Boss, University of Pennsylvania, Toshiba, Sling TV, and Cisco.
Freshworks (formerly Freshdesk) was founded by Girish Mathrubootham, in the year 2010.
What is a SaaS Startup?
SaaS companies are organizations that use software to provide customers with a service. These businesses create, develop, host, and update the product themselves. SaaS businesses have immediate access to an unrestricted global market and can scale without increasing product delivery costs.
Freshworks seeks a highly-motivated and enterprising lawyer to become a member of the legal team of one of India’s best start-ups.
The Legal Associate will mainly advise and support the sales and procurement teams in the review, negotiation, and closure of contracts. They will also advise and enable critical and strategic partnerships. This position is located in their Chennai office.
- Review, negotiation, and closure of contracts with customers, vendors, and strategic partners across the globe
- Interacting with internal and external stakeholders to ensure contract closure
- Research on matters related to applicable laws
- General corporate commercial advisory
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Law.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant professional work experience as an in-house counsel of an IT/product company.
- Strong knowledge of basic principles of contract drafting, review, and negotiation with an ability to provide practical and well-reasoned solutions.
- Good interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English (both written and oral).
- Responsive and follows through on commitments.
- Experience in Privacy
Chennai, Tamil Nadu