TISS Mumbai is seeking to engage eligible candidates for the job of Program Officer to carry out independent research and policy advocacy work on Forest Rights and Governance.
About the Organization
Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) is a deemed university fully funded by the University Grants Commission, Government of India. TISS offers over 50 Master’s Degree programs from Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati, and Hyderabad Campuses. Masters’ programs are offered in a range of socially relevant inter-disciplinary areas.
The Program Officer will carry out independent research and policy advocacy work on Forest Rights and Governance in Maharashtra, Jharkhand, Chattisgarh, and Odisha. Broadly, the position requires to-
- analyze the policy and institutional challenges in the implementation of the Forest Rights Act,
- critically examine the livelihood and governance implications of the Forest Rights Act.
- intensive field work and discussion with government officers, Gram Sabha members, and experts as per the requirement of the project.
- Masters in social science and law
- Knowledge in the field of forest rights and governance.
20 Months (May 2021-December 2022)
Rs. 40,000 per month
How to Apply?
Eligible candidates who can join immediately in the event of selection may send their CV and two references letters by 5th April 2021 at this email id: tissrrrg[at]gmail.com.
The shortlisted candidates will be communicated by 12th April 2021.