Symbiosis Law School (SLS), Pune is conducting a Criminal Trial Advocacy Competition scheduled to be held from May 7th to May 9th, 2021.
About the Organizer
SIU was established under Section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, in the year 2002. Symbiosis Law School, Pune is a constituent of Symbiosis International (Deemed University).
Symbiosis Law School, Pune, (SLS Pune) in 2020 has been ranked 8th by National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) Ministry of Human Resource Development India among the Law Institutes all over the Country.
About the Competition
Symbiosis Law School, Pune is organizing the Sixth Edition of the Symbiosis Law School, Pune – International Criminal Trial Advocacy Competition, 2021 [SICTA] which is scheduled from May 7–9, 2021. The Competition will be held on a virtual platform.
Competition is based on the simulation of the Trial Chamber of the International Criminal Court and pertains to rules and structure as enshrined in the Rome Statute of the ICC. The theme for the sixth edition of SICTA is “Prosecution relating to state and judicial apparatus as an accessory towards the commission of International Crime(s).”
The competition shall be open to all students actively enrolled in Bachelors (5 Year Course and 3 Year Course) and Masters Programme of Law. Exchange students may participate on behalf of their host university.
The Competition shall have teams representing either of the three sides- Prosecution, Defence and the Victim(s) in the various rounds of the Competition. The maximum number of participants per team shall be restricted to Three (Two Speakers and a Researcher). A team may also consist of only Two Speakers.
The Competition will be held on a virtual platform.
Slots for the competition shall be booked on the first-cum-first-serve basis limited to 24 Teams. Participation in this Competition is through invitation only. Any Law College / University / Institute that wishes to participate may apply for an invite by sending an email to email@example.com, expressing their interest in participation.
Structure of the Competition
There shall be three Preliminary rounds followed by the Semi-Final Rounds and the Final Round.
The primary components of a round will include:
- Opening Statements by the Prosecutor, Victim’s Counsel, and Defence Counsel.
- Examination-In-Chief/Cross Examination by the Prosecutor, Counsel for the Victims and the Counsel for the Defence.
- Closing Statements by the Prosecutor, Counsel for the Victims and the Counsel for the Defence.
Fee Payment Details
- The registration fees is Rs. 5000/- per team (not more than 3 members.
- Payment of fees must be done by demand draft only. Kindly refer to the “Registration” section in the Rulebook for further details.
- The last date for Provisional Registration: March 25, 2021 (Thursday)
- The last date for Final Registration: March 29, 2021 (Monday)
- Winning Team: Rs.60,000/-
- First Runners Up Team: Rs.30,000/-
- Second Runners Up Team: Rs.15,000/-
- Best Student Advocate: Rs. 10,000/-
- Best Student Advocate Final: Rs. 6,000/-
- Second Best Student Advocate: Rs. 6,000/-
- Late Ishwari Prasad Begaria Best Defence Advocate Award- International Team: Rs. 12,000/-
- Late Ishwari Prasad Begaria Best Defence Advocate Award- Indian Team: Rs. 6000/-
- Best Memorial: Rs. 10,000/-
- Second Best Memorial: Rs. 6,000/-
- Shree P.V. Ramanayaa Memorial- Best Prosecutor Award: Rs. 5,000/-
- Best Witness Award: Rs. 5000/-
- Second Best Witness Award: Rs. 3000/-
- Sisira Reddy (Convenor): +91- 9959764007
- Rabaica Bhushan Jaiswal (Co-Convenor): +91 – 9554911678
- Esh Gupta (Head, Registration Committee): +91-8591821260
- Shikha Mohini (Member, Registration Committee): +91 -9572099828
- Ashwin Singh (Member, Registration Committee): +91 -9893586960
Email ID: symbiosismoot[at]symlaw.ac.in
For the Concept Note, Rulebook and Compromis, click here.
For updates, follow the Facebook Page given here.