Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is looking to hire for the job of Program Officer, for its project in New Delhi.
About the Organization
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), a merging of the William H. Gates Foundation and the Gates Learning Foundation, is an American private foundation founded by Bill and Melinda Gates. Based in Seattle, Washington, it was launched in 2000 and is reported to be the largest private foundation in the world, holding $46.8 billion in assets. The primary goals of the foundation are to enhance healthcare and reduce extreme poverty across the globe, and expand educational opportunities and access to information technology in the U.S. The foundation is controlled by its three trustees: Bill Gates, Melinda Gates, and Warren Buffett. Other principal officers include Chief Executive Officer Mark Suzman.
- Contribute to the implementation of strategies aimed at building state capacity at the national and state level.
- Carried out in partnership with the state, program, and communications teams, these would aim to generate attention to the issues, resources, and policies necessary to best achieve national goals.
- Contribute to the implementation of strategies aimed at using public finance to build the execution capacity of the state at the national and state level.
- Contribute to the implementation of strategies aimed at leveraging multi-lateral, bi-lateral, and philanthropic interest in building the execution capacity of the state at the state and national levels in India.
- Track key policy developments and trends are relevant to state capacity and public finance at the center and state level.
- Monitor internal and external environment for trends related to state capacity and public finance policy.
- Conduct/manage research and analysis in support of state capacity and public finance.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of grants for achieving agreed-upon goals at the national and state level.
- Leverage the best of the foundation’s assets nationally and globally, and build and manage partnerships and alliances to advance and refine policy, and communications strategies.
- Leverage and collaborate with the foundation’s MLE team to advance state capacity and public finance reform.
- A Master’s degree, with preferably at least one degree (bachelors or masters) in economics, public policy, public administration, or international development.
- A minimum working experience of 5 years.
- Experience in designing and implementing digital technologies in the public as well as the private sector, preferably in public finance and banking.
- Strong communication and change management skills with experience in managing senior public and private sector stakeholders.
- Impactful work driving system transformation at a large scale beyond the direct span of control.
- Experience of using first principle-based thinking to bring about change in a complex multi-stakeholder environment.
- Academic background in quantitative analysis/methods is preferred.
- Good to have experience in public finance and/or state capacity-related issues at the national and state level in India.
- May have professional or academic experience in development sector research.