About the Joint Academy
This 7th edition of the Joint Academy aims to provide law students and legal professionals in India a rare opportunity to deepen their knowledge on aspects of International Trade Law and Policy.
Taught by distinguished academics and practitioners from India and abroad, the Joint Academy will equip participants with theoretical and practical insights into various issues relating to international trade law.
Dates: June 7 – July 2, 2021 (Four Weeks)
Week 1 – Essentials of WTO Law and Policy; Agreement on Agriculture
Week 2 – SPS and TBT; Trade in Services
Week 3 – Trade and IPR; Investment Law
Week 4 – Electronic Commerce; Law & Policy of Trade Remedies
About the Resource Persons
The tentative list of resource persons for the 2021 edition of the Joint Academy is as follows:
- Prof. Peter Van den Bossche (World Trade Institute, Bern)
- Dr. Arthur E. Appleton (Founding Partner, Appleton Luff International Lawyers, Geneva)
- Ms. Jayashree Watal (Counsellor, WTO)
- Prof. Jan Bohanes (Advisory Centre on WTO Law, Geneva)
- Dr. Prabhash Ranjan (Assistant Professor, South Asian University)
- Mr. Edwin Vermulst, (Managing Partner, VVGB Advocaten, Brussels)
- Prof. Abhijit Das (Head, Centre for WTO Studies)
- Ms. R.V. Anuradha (Founding Partner, Clarus Law Associates)
- Prof. Chandni Raina (Adviser, Dept. of Economic Affairs, Govt. of India)
- Ms. Shailja Singh (Associate Professor, Centre for WTO Studies)
Who can Apply?
All law students enrolled in any legal course in India, either at the undergraduate or postgraduate level. Preference will be given to students who have prior exposure to issues relating to International Trade Law.
The Joint Academy is also open to Indian legal professionals. In addition, legal professionals can attend specific modules, in a flexible, “à la carte” manner. This option is not available for students.
The maximum number of participants that will be selected for the Joint Academy is 30 (thirty). Past participants are kindly requested not to re-apply.