Google India is looking for legal professionals for the job role of Anti-Money Laundering Specialist, Payments Compliance, for its office in Gurgaon.
Google, LLC is an American multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products, which include online advertising technologies, a search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware.
Google India Pvt. Ltd., with offices in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Gurgaon, and Mumbai, provides Google Inc. with local support and representation in India. India is a vital country for Google and makes a substantial contribution to Google’s worldwide operations.
About the Role
- As part of the Payments Compliance team focusing on India, you will help to ensure that our products and services stay in continuous compliance with regulations and internal policy requirements.
- You will need an understanding of how to navigate both internal and external relationships and be action-oriented.
- You have a general working knowledge of the regulatory requirements to maintain licenses, including Anti-Money Laundering (AML)/sanctions, financial diligence, information security, and customer support.
- You will also provide business advice on the roll-out of new features and products, and ensure that internal controls, systems, financial, and regulatory policies are properly implemented. In this role, you will monitor, report on, and help manage risks.
- Assist with maintaining oversight of Payments Compliance legal and contractual obligations in India and with the management of corporate governance responsibilities for regulated payment entities.
- Ensure policies and procedures are effective and are reflective of current compliance obligations.
- Oversee the Transaction monitoring program in India and fulfilling end to end reporting obligations.
- Utilize expertise in Transaction monitoring escalation reviews and SAR filing.
- Be an agent for change by advocating for controls initiatives with cross-functional partners such as Engineering, Legal, Operations, Finance, and Product Management.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business, Finance, or Legal or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in regulatory compliance with a specialization in KYC/AML monitoring.
- Experience of AML Transaction Monitoring and regulatory reporting requirements including the filing of SAR.
- Experience working with, or strong exposure to highly regulated sectors, such as the payments industry.
- Expertise in regulatory guidelines around KYC, AML & CFT, PMLA Rules, etc.
- Expertise in regulatory reporting such as SAR filing.
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong attention to detail and communication (written and verbal), time management, analytical, and investigative skills.
Gurgaon (Gurugram), Haryana