Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access to Legal Education (IDIA) started as a student-run movement in 2010 from West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences. Founded by Prof. (Dr.) Shamnad Basheer, the movement seeks to empower underprivileged students and help them transform into leading lawyers and community advocates by giving them access to quality legal education. This competition is being organized by the
IDIA Kerala Chapter is run by the students of the National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi.
For more information, visit the website here.
About the Event
The art of memorial drafting is quintessential to every law student’s skill set. At the Kerala Chapter of IDIA, we aim to enhance the research, drafting and argumentation skills of budding lawyers across the country. In furtherance of this objective, we present the 1st National Memorial Writing Competition – an opportunity for law students across the country to showcase their analytical prowess.
The problem for the competition can be accessed along with the brochure here.
Participation and Qualification
- The competition is open to students enrolled full time in a university, pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in law, at the time of the competition.
- All participants are required to produce a bonafide letter/a copy of the college ID card from their institution.
- Students enrolled in research degrees are not eligible to participate.
- Only individual participation is accepted.
- Register latest by April 25, 2021, by filling the google form.
- Click on the link given at the end of this post to register.
- Registration Fee: Rs 500/-
Awards and Prizes
- The winner of the competition will receive an internship opportunity at Trilegal, Bangalore.
- Top 5 participants will receive certificates of merit (soft copies).
- All participants will receive a participation certificate.
Trilegal is one of India’s top tier law firms with offices in Bangalore, New Delhi, Mumbai and Gurugram. The firm was founded in 2000 and has won several accolades since. Trilegal practices in several realms of law including corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, financial services, energy and infrastructure and much more.
For more details about the firm and their work visit their website here.
- Date of notification: March 16, 2021
- Deadline for registration and fee payment: April 25, 2021
- Deadline for clarifications: April 20, 2021
- Release of clarifications April 28, 2021
- Final date of submission: May 5, 2021
Mode of Payment
- Payments can be made through the Unified Payment Interface (UPI) to the UPI ID: pcwaran@okaxis (9108156603) or arywarrier1710@okicici (8547056726)
- All participants shall inform the Organising Committee, through email (firstname.lastname@example.org), about the payment of the registration fee with relevant transaction details.
For further queries, contact
- Pragya Narayanan: +91 92051 36442
- Parameswaran Chidamparam: + 91 91081 56603
- Click here to register for the competition.