About the Organizers
The ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (IFHE), Hyderabad is a Deemed University established under Section 3 of UGC Act, 1956 and accredited by NAAC with “A” Grade.
The ICFAI Law School is a significant segment of the ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education, Hyderabad and recognized by the Bar Council of India. ICFAI Law School envisions to develop a new cadre of professionals who will not only command high level of domain proficiency but also can integrate activities for developing scientific and technological solutions.
Data Privacy and Data security in India are the most challenging problems in contemporary period of Information Technology. It has paved way for many unexplored and untapped issues in the horizon of Data Privacy and Data Protection resulting in cybercrimes and dominance of virtual reality that have not been envisaged or fathomed out by our conventional legal norms. These issues have drawn attention on National and International portals with an upsurge of modern technology.
New legislation with regard to Data Privacy and Data Protection is the need of the hour.
The pending Personal Data Protection Bill, 2019 is yet to see the light of the day and the process of legislation has to be expedited on war footing to convert the Bill into an Act. Otherwise the relevant provisions concerning Privacy and Personal Data Protection in IT Act, 2000 appears to be inadequate in the glaring legislative reality of GDPR, Act, 2018.
The present conference aims to create awareness about the Cyber Laws, Data Privacy and Data Security, issues and challenges of Cyber-Crimes and Cyber Security towards individuals, society, banking and financial organizations, and the students.
Keeping in view the above, the deliberations need to be held so that a deep insight into the problems, perspectives, issues, and challenges about the topics need to be discussed and analyzed paving way for reinforcing provisions in the said field.
The Conference is intended to provide a platform to Academicians, Lawyers, Corporate Personalities and Scholars across the country and abroad to share their research work.
Themes of the Conference
- A Phylogenetic Facets of IT Legislation
- Data Breach and Risk Analysis
- Media Intrusions and the Privacy Challenges – Legal Dynamics
- Career Planning and Data Protection
Call for Papers
The conference invites original research articles on various areas of Cyber Law and Data Privacy in the form of full-length scholarly papers documenting substantial research work. Contributions are invited from Academicians, Professionals, Research Scholars, and students focusing on the emerging areas of Data Privacy Laws.
Research Articles may be submitted from any of the substantive areas of Data Privacy including but not limited to the following themes of the Conference.
- Submissions for presentation at the conference are to be mailed in the form of an abstract of 300 words and full research papers (Not less than 8000 words) with footnotes in bluebook 20th edition format.
- The research paper is to be typed in font Times New Roman with font size 12 and line spacing 1.5, headings to be typed in font size 14 Bold, and footnotes in font size 10.
- The abstract should be 300 words with a minimum of five (5) keywords and must be accompanied by a cover page consisting of the author’s/co-authors’ details.
- All the submissions are to be sent to email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All the accepted full research papers submitted before the deadline will be published in a book form with an ISBN number. The presentation of an accepted research paper is mandatory for the purpose of publication.
- Best Researcher: Rs. 3,000
- Second Best Paper: Rs. 2,000
- Third Best Paper: Rs. 1,000
- Academicians/Researchers: Rs. 1,000
- Students and Research Scholars: Rs. 750
- Account No.: 020201007037
- Type of Account: Current Account
- Name of the Account: IFHE – Seminars & Workshops A/c
- Name of the Bank: ICICI Bank
- Bank Address: Nerella House, No.4, Nagarjuna Hills, Punjagutta, Hyderabad – 500082, Telangana
- RTGS/NEFT IFSC Code: ICIC0000202
- Branch Code: 202
- Last date for submission of abstract: 2nd May 2021
- Last date for submission of full papers: 18th May 2021
- Last date for submitting PPT: 29th May 2021
- Intimation of acceptance: Within 72 hours of submission
Dr. Md. Akbar Khan
Associate Professor, ICFAI Law School
Mobile: +91 7989281976
Dr. Vinay Sharma
Assistant Professor, ICFAI Law School